Subject[RFC] pid randomness
hi everyone,

I don't know if this has been discussed before... but I'd like to ask
why isn't the pids randomized by default?

I mean, of course it's not required for normal functioning but it'd be
nice to have a Kconfig option to make it happen.

The (newbie) way I see it, it'd not be hard to do... generate pid, check
if it's unique, give pid to process. It could bring some minor security
enhancements while taking a slight performance hit (seek & compare
algorithm for used pids).

What are the pros and cons of this? What are your oppinions on this subjet?

pedro venda.
Pedro João Lopes Venda

Equipa de Administração de Sistemas
Rede das Novas Licenciaturas (RNL)