    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.10-ac1
    Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
    > Workaround it if it is possible. If this is really a unfixable hardware problem
    > (hard to believe - other OS-es would be also bitten by the issue) shouldn't it
    > be workaround differently anyway by something like "ide=serialize_all" (which
    > is much saner from IDE POV than "idex=serialize") ?

    Bad. This would neatly kill my raid 5 setup performance wise. Call this
    idea a big step sideways. Doing a ide2=serialize leaves all three disks
    running without serialization unless the dvd-rw is used. Just to make it
    ide0 -> onboard, 1 master (disk)
    ide1 -> onboard, 1 master (disk)
    ide2/3 -> pci, 2 master (disk,dvd-rw)
    Your idea would serialize all ide accesses which would slow down all
    disks not affected by the problem requiring serialization.
    Andreas Steinmetz SPAMmers use

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.247 / U:0.084 seconds]