    Subject[BK] disconnected operation
    On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 10:43:13AM -0600, James Bottomley wrote:
    > On Sun, 2004-12-26 at 08:27 -0800, Larry McVoy wrote:
    > > I suspect that your hostname changes when you disconnect. Leases are
    > > issued on a per host basis. If you make your hostname constant when
    > > you unplug it should work. If it doesn't, let us know.
    > Well, that's a new one, but no, I have a fixed hostname which dhcp is
    > forbidden from changing.

    Let's do a little poll here to find out if it is specific to you or if
    this is a problem that everyone is having. Could we get people who
    use BK disconnected to stand up and be counted? Does this work for

    For James, could you do a little debugging please? Run the following
    when you are plugged in and it works and also when it doesn't:

    bk getuser
    bk getuser -r
    bk gethost
    bk gethost -r
    bk dotbk

    We'll track it down and fix it if it is a problem on our end. This stuff
    is supposed to work, we certainly haven't intentionally caused a problem.
    Larry McVoy lm at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.027 / U:37.956 seconds]