Subject[BK] disconnected operation
On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 10:43:13AM -0600, James Bottomley wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-12-26 at 08:27 -0800, Larry McVoy wrote:
> > I suspect that your hostname changes when you disconnect. Leases are
> > issued on a per host basis. If you make your hostname constant when
> > you unplug it should work. If it doesn't, let us know.
> Well, that's a new one, but no, I have a fixed hostname which dhcp is
> forbidden from changing.

Let's do a little poll here to find out if it is specific to you or if
this is a problem that everyone is having. Could we get people who
use BK disconnected to stand up and be counted? Does this work for

For James, could you do a little debugging please? Run the following
when you are plugged in and it works and also when it doesn't:

bk getuser
bk getuser -r
bk gethost
bk gethost -r
bk dotbk

We'll track it down and fix it if it is a problem on our end. This stuff
is supposed to work, we certainly haven't intentionally caused a problem.
Larry McVoy lm at