    SubjectRe: lease.openlogging.org is unreachable
    Date

    On 2004-12-27, at 03:43, Larry McVoy wrote:

    > On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 03:40:38AM +0100, Martin Dalecki wrote:
    >>
    >> I don't know of a proper solution, other then writing in big letters
    >> in the documentation about the circumstances under which you can shoot
    >> yourself in
    >> the feet.
    >
    > And that, my friends, is the difference between a project which is a
    > hobby
    > and a project which is a product. We don't have the option of saying
    > "this
    > doesn't work".

    Fully agreed. And those are the reasons why the completely non
    professional
    solutions, which I never saw in deployment of course...
    like ... for example the pure hobby-student-project ClearCase are going
    to the
    extent of requiring you to run their own networked filesystem if running
    on Linux. They do it simply out of fun and for educational purposes and
    because they where to dumb to find much easier solution which are out
    there ready
    and waiting. They simply don't have to deal with something as
    exceptional as
    customers. They love to spend about 10 man years to develop a reliable
    networked
    filesystem which is OS minor version specific like burning money for
    heat...

    OK I was just kidding. ;-)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.021 / U:29.788 seconds]