    SubjectRe: 2.6.10-rc3: kswapd eats CPU on start of memory-eating task
    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 wrote:

    > - Enjoy :) "eatmemory" will slowly eat up more and more RAM (visible in
    > top as RSS); under no screen freezes come, and under 2.6.9 and
    > 2.6.10-rc3 they do come; under 2.6.10-rc3 I also see high CPU periods for
    > kswapd.

    The high cpu use for kswapd should be fixed by applying
    the vm-pageout-throttling.patch patch from -mm.

    I'll also come up with a patch to not have the swap token
    used when the system is not under a swapin load...

    He did not think of himself as a tourist; he was a traveler. The difference is
    partly one of time, he would explain. Where as the tourist generally hurries
    back home at the end of a few weeks or months, the traveler belonging no more
    to one place than to the next, moves slowly, over periods of years, from one
    part of the earth to another. Indeed, he would have found it difficult to tell,
    among the many places he had lived, precisely where it was he had felt most at
    home. -- Paul Bowles

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.019 / U:93.528 seconds]