SubjectRe: Data Corruption when both ports of SiI3112 used
Prakash K. Cheemplavam schrieb:
> I get some tiny but nevertheless destastrous errors in following
> situation. (And no, Jeff, my cables are alright. ;-)
>
> SiI3112A chip on nforce2 board.
> Samsung 160 GB PATA drive on first connector via PATA->SATA convertor
> Samsung 80 GB SATA drive on second connector
>
> I copy two ~200MB big tgz archive from sdb to sda. I remount partition
> on sda and test files for integrity. Usually at least one of those
> fails. (The more files I copy the more files differ in tiny places.

I haven't tried on my box yet, but another guy did it and he could
reproduce this, and also fix it: It seems to be nforce2 specific issue.
In bios you have the option ext-p2p. though bios states that 30us will
prevent data corruption on si3112, it is not true. It seems that is must
be set to 1ms.

Is it possible to do this in linux kernel just for safety? I think this
is rather crucial...

Prakash

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.096 / U:0.116 seconds]