    SubjectRe: 3TB disk hassles
    Neil Conway wrote:
    > Right now, the only scheme I have vaguely concocted in my head that
    > will make this work for us is to add another disk to become the boot
    > disk - this is actually a major PITA cos there's really no physical
    > space in the chassis - and then use a GPT/EFI (whatever?) partition
    > table on the big disk. This means that BIOS won't understand the big
    > disk at all but that'll be OK since it isn't trying to boot from it.
    >
    > Anyone with a magic tip for how to do this is welcome to tell us all
    > ;-))

    I had a GUID partition table (GPT) on my system (x86, normal
    mainboard/BIOS etc) and it worked fine. I didn't need a separate boot
    disk. I used grub as the boot loader. I think if you enable GPT in the
    kernel you should be able to boot stright from the big disk.

    tom

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.025 / U:1.532 seconds]