    SubjectRe: USB making time drift [was Re: dynamic-hz]
    On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 09:59:23PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
    > Which way? I was running quite fast here, several minutes an

    In the future, if I disable the logic it goes in the past at the same
    speed it was previously going in the future.

    > hour, then I discovered the tickadj command, found its default
    > was 10000, and started reducing it. At 9926, I'm staying within
    > a sec an hour now. I have no idea when this started, I didn't

    That seems quite an hack, note I did an hack too and it make the drift
    much smaller (it gets manageable). But our modifications are wrong.

    The point is that this didn't happen with HZ=100, so it's not that
    tickadj is wrong, it's the tick adjustment code that doesn't work.

    You may want to recompile your kernel with HZ=100 and verify it goes
    away (I didn't verify myself, but I verified the max irq latency I get
    is 4msec, and in turn I'm sure HZ=100 would fix it)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.021 / U:0.216 seconds]