    SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.10-rc3-mm1-V0.7.33-0
    On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 13:52 -0800, George Anzinger wrote:
    > Ingo Molnar wrote:

    > >>Now, since High Res-timers and RT seem to go together, what are the
    > >>plans for merging these? If this is indeed what I need, then I'll be
    > >>doing it to myself, [...]
    > >

    > > i've been thinking about it on and off. If you would/could try it that
    > > would certainly help. RT for Linux is a dance of many small steps.
    > >
    > > the two projects are obviously complementary and i have no intention to
    > > reinvent the wheel in any way. Best would be to bring hires timers up to
    > > upstream-mergable state (independently of the -RT patch) and ask Andrew
    > > to include it in -mm, then i'd port -RT to it automatically.
    >
    > Well, I guess I am just backward :) I plan to port it to the current RT today
    > or tomorrow (if all goes well). I will then work on the changes needed to get
    > it into -mm. Guess I will be supporting two versions for a bit...

    I need what you've been working on, so I'm available to help get the two
    together. Since you two (Ingo and George) are the creators of these,
    I'll let you fight it out at how to go about this. If it ends up being
    two patches for you George, then I would be glad to help maintain the
    RT/HigRes one.

    -- Steve

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:4.847 / U:0.084 seconds]