    SubjectRe: dynamic-hz

    > > Well most x86(64) these days have local APICs and that provides a
    > > relatively inexpensive one shot timer mode.
    > I doubt a one shot is appropriate. The irq latency is variable and we
    > won't be able to atomically read tsc and rearm the one-shot timer. The
    > intemediate error will propagate over time.

    But that does not matter, right? Yes, one-shot timer will not fire
    exactly at right place, but as long as you are reading TSC and basing
    next shot on current time, error should not accumulate.
    Boycott Kodak -- for their patent abuse against Java.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.018 / U:47.004 seconds]