    SubjectRE: Unknown Issue.
    > Ok, so XVM has found something wrong at this point.  Any chance the
    box
    > had a power failure? Write caches on ide drives can wreak havoc with
    > journaling filesystems... i.e. what happened between "the filesystem
    > was working" and "i remounted the filesystem and got this"

    For main system: To make a long story short, I was attempting to hook up
    a cd burner and dvd reader to SATA via SATA<->PATA adapters and enable
    SATA in the kernel for the Intel ICH5 chipset and I was trying different
    drivers/options in an attempt to get them to work. However, please note
    during the entire time, the disk that suffered FS corruption was always
    hooked to a Ultra ATA/133 Promise Controller. I believe I had a kernel
    panic once and at another time during either loading SATA drivers or IDE
    drivers I had a lockup somewhere along the lines and I rebooted
    improperly.

    For Dell GX1 system: No, all I did was upgrade the kernel [2.6.9 ->
    2.6.10-rc2] and reboot, no power outages or crashes at all. After about
    an hour or so, I began to experience these problems.