    SubjectRe: Unknown Issue.
    My first thought is that perhaps the filesystem has shut down due to
    some error (memory corruption, bad disk, xfs bug...); did you check your
    log messages?

    Justin, when you mentioned that you used xfs' fsck, I guess you used
    xfs_repair. Was the log clean when you ran it, or did you force repair
    to zero out the log? That could explain the large lost+found/ when you
    were done...

    Patrick, can you reproduce on a non-gentoo kernel? That'd be the first
    step for this audience.

    Piszcz, Justin Michael wrote:
    > Patrick,
    > I had the same problem on two machines with XFS. Both slackware-current
    > machines. The kernel on the Dell GX1 was built with GCC-3.4.2 and on my
    > main box was GCC-3.4.3.
    > There seems to be a bug in XFS with some configurations of 2.6.9 and
    > 2.6.10-rc series.
    > After re-installing Slackware-10.0 and upgrading to -current, I have
    > installed 2.6.10-rc3 and so far, I have not been able to reproduce the
    > problem.
    > Some questions for you:
    > 1] What kernel are you running?
    > 2] What did you last change before you started getting these errors?
    > As far as severity goes, I ran XFS' fsck from a KNOPPIX CD and as a
    > result, I had about 500-600mb of files in my /lost+found directory when
    > it was finished. Files were missing from all parts of the file system.
    > I had to restore from backup. I would say stick with your previous
    > 2.6.9 configuration (if you were running it) or go back to, some
    > 2.6.9 configurations and 2.6.10-rc1 and/or 2.6.10-rc2 definitely cause
    > file corruption with XFS. So far, however, I have not been able to
    > reproduce the error with 2.6.10-rc3.
    > Justin.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.039 / U:35.680 seconds]