    SubjectRe: modprobe: QM_MODULES: Funtion not implemented on kernel 2.6.9
    On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 08:52:17PM -0600, Camilo A. Reyes wrote:

    > > this (and other interesting things) is described here:
    > >
    > Wow! Now, thats the stuff! How come that's not included in the
    > kernel distro documentation, I'm sure lots of people that are new
    > to the kernel will have the same problem. Anyway thanks alot...

    I've had a few people asking me to submit it, but I'm not
    convinced it would be worthwhile. Would people read it if
    they had problems ?

    make modules_install prints out a warning pointing them at it,
    yet as this thread indicates, not everyone bothers to go there
    and read it. Maybe if it was in-tree things would be different,
    but I'm not convinced. People want things to 'just work'
    rather than have to read about how to make them work.

    That said, if it was in-tree it would be easier for people
    other than myself to update it as things change.
    The current doc is a little out of date (last changed
    about 6 months ago), so probably needs a little work
    before its ready for submission.

    Is there enough interest in this from people to justify
    me putting any effort into it ? If theres any value in
    having this in tree, I'll submit the current version
    to Andrew for -mm, and see if anyone dives in and starts
    chopping/changing things.

    If this does happen, it'd probably be worth eventually
    replacing Documentation/Changes with it.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.021 / U:0.108 seconds]