    SubjectRe: Improved console UTF-8 support for the Linux kernel?
    Date
    On Saturday 11 December 2004 16:39, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
    >>Indeed is weird. Are you sure you keyboard is generating an UTF-8
    >>enconded "ö"? Just check it with echo:
    >>
    >>$ echo -n ö | od -t x1
    >>
    >>0000000 c3 b6
    >>0000002
    >
    >Yes it does generate 0xC3B6 (otherwise it would show up as garbage,
    > because it would not be utf8-compliant if it only output 0xF6)

    Which is exactly (0xF6) what I'm getting. Kernel version
    2.6.10-rc2-mm3-V0.7.32-18

    As an american, I've often wondered how to go about getting those
    accented characters out of a std american keyboard. I used to be
    able to get all those accented and other stuffs out of my amiga's
    keyboard, stuff like the Beta sign and so on. No can do now, and I
    miss it.

    [...]

    --
    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.046 / U:30.228 seconds]