    SubjectRe: Improved console UTF-8 support for the Linux kernel?
    On Saturday 11 December 2004 16:39, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
    >>Indeed is weird. Are you sure you keyboard is generating an UTF-8
    >>enconded "ö"? Just check it with echo:
    >>$ echo -n ö | od -t x1
    >>0000000 c3 b6
    >Yes it does generate 0xC3B6 (otherwise it would show up as garbage,
    > because it would not be utf8-compliant if it only output 0xF6)

    Which is exactly (0xF6) what I'm getting. Kernel version

    As an american, I've often wondered how to go about getting those
    accented characters out of a std american keyboard. I used to be
    able to get all those accented and other stuffs out of my amiga's
    keyboard, stuff like the Beta sign and so on. No can do now, and I
    miss it.

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
    99.30% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV hillbilly attorneys please note, additions to this message
    by Gene Heskett are:

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.031 / U:8.060 seconds]