SubjectRe: Burning CD's and 2.6.9
I just successfully made a data DVD using 2.6.9 and growisofs.   So I
know that the lockups I had experienced were either a fluke or due
to problems with cdrecord.

I think you are right, that growisofs calls mkosifs which cannot make
audio CD's. So at least I know this is not a driver issue. Most likely
the
problems I have been having were due to cdrecord.

Regards,

Glendon Gross

Jan Dittmer wrote:

> Glendon Gross schrieb:
>
>> I've been using growisofs for quite some time now, but I haven't yet
>> tested it under 2.6.9. Is it possible to make audio CD's with
>> growisofs? If it is, then I really don't need cdrecord at all.
>

> Sorry didn't test it. But I think the answer is no, as it just
> calls mkisofs to get an iso which in turn is not capable of creating
> audio cds?
>
> Jan
>

>> Thanks for your input.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Glendon Gross
>>

>> Jan Dittmer wrote:

>>> You should also try growisofs from the dvd+rw-tools package. It works
>>> great for me burning dvds.
>>>
>>> Jan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.655 / U:0.048 seconds]