SubjectRe: "irq 16: nobody cared!" -errors after motherboard-switch (ABIT IS7-E2 motherboard)
On Mer, 2004-12-01 at 17:40, K G wrote:
> I've recently switched from an "ASUS P4T533-C"
> motherboard to an "ABIT IS7-E2", and got the errors
> mentioned above after boot. Only the motherboard and
> the ram was changed (rambus -> INFINEON 400Mhz DDR).

Those generally indicate bad interrupt routing but could given the other
information you provide just indicate a dud board.

> got the same error(SourceMage linux). Interestingly
> UHU-Linux hasn't got any errors(maybe because the 2.4
kernel it uses).

Try booting with the option "acpi=off"

> So I've figured that the IRQ is shared between the two
> onboard 1.1 USB hubs and the vga card. My vga is an
> NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti4200 btw.

Thats fine in itself well assuming the Nvidia driver is being polite
which I would imagine it is. Its binary only so we can only hope not
check.

> Oh, and when I tried to install windows XP for my sis
> on the same computer it hangs after it copied the
> files to hdd, and rebooted the system. It stays there

Sounds like a dud board then ? We see a lot of broken interrupt routing
reports but they usually work on Windows XP by chance and that was all
the vendor tested.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.087 / U:0.440 seconds]