    SubjectRe: 2.6.10-rc2-mm4 - cifs.ko needs unknown symbol CIFSSMBSetPosixACL
    Thanks I have just updated fs/Kconfig and fs/cifs/xattr.c in the patch
    (actually in the cifs bk tree) to make the cifs POSIX ACL enablement
    dependent on cifs xattrs and to properly ifdef that function as it was
    in the CIFSSMBGetPosixACL

    Today I had also made some minor error mapping changes on errors when
    various types of servers don't support POSIX ACLs (the servers did not
    return consistent error messages).

    The CIFS code has had major recent update (most importantly the
    cifs_readdir rewrite which can be enabled in mm by "echo 1 >
    /proc/fs/cifs/NewReaddirEnabled", but also the POSIX ACL support which
    will work to Samba 3.10pre server, and also various misc fixes).
    If the testing of the readdir change goes ok, and the misc. Windows and
    Samba testing continues ok over the next few days I would like to push
    this up (although I will remove the /proc/fs/cifs/NewReaddirEnabled and
    the corresponding old cifs_readdir, and the old CIFSSMBFindFirst and
    CIFSSMBFindNext routines when I get additional feedback from the mm tree
    and users running the equivalent cifs only patch).

    Let me know if you find any additional problems.

    Thanks,
    Steve

    Steve French
    Senior Software Engineer
    Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
    phone: 512-838-2294
    email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com

    Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org> wrote on 11/30/2004 05:53:21 PM:

    > Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal@eyal.emu.id.au> wrote:
    > >
    > > WARNING: /lib/modules/2.6.10-rc2-mm4/kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko needs
    > unknown symbol CIFSSMBSetPosixACL
    > >
    > > Either it is really missing or a dependecy is not declared somewhere.
    >
    > It looks like there's a slipup in bk-cifs.patch. If you enable
    > CONFIG_CIFS_POSIX it'll probably link OK.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.020 / U:31.564 seconds]