Linus Torvalds schrieb:
> So what I'd like you to do is to take the pre-PCI-merge tree, and see if
> that works for you
> # assuming a 2.6.10-rc1 tree
> bk undo -a1.2000.1.6
> and if that works, then try the post-PCI-merge tree:
> # assuming a 2.6.10-rc1 tree
> bk undo -a1.2000.1.7
> (I just checked: the above numbers are actually valid even in the current
> -bk tree, so you don't have to first go to 2.6.10-rc1, you can just start
> from a current tree)

thanks, Linus. i'll do all this tomorrow, see my other mail i just sent.
i'll definitely do all this 'cause i'm really curious about this thing.
(it's not even the need of sound any more. heck, i could just put in
another soundcard but that'd be too easy :)

> Thanks for testing, and sorry for the confusion with the more recent PCI
> merge.

doh, you can't image how thankful i am for your (and the other people's!)
help here. but don't waste too many cycles on this weird issue here. if it
does not break for a million users out there now - why bother at all?
perhaps it'll break later on but then we have the lkml-archives and
someone will eventually remember this thing. but no, i don't want to
discourage anyone here ;-)

- --
BOFH excuse #19:

floating point processor overflow