SubjectRe: [RFC] Splitting kernel headers and deprecating __KERNEL__

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, David Woodhouse wrote:
> The concept isn't at all hard to understand. But no patch is 'obviously
> correct' if you want to protect against the _slightest_ possibility that
> people might be abusing something you're taking away.

I really disagree. That's kind of my point. We _can_ make sure that there
is abzolutely zero semantic content change.

People both inside and outside the kernel who use the old <linux/xxx.h>
headers will get exactly what they got before if we do it right.

> Some people might define __KERNEL__ on purpose when compiling something
> in userspace, to get something that would otherwise be hidden from them.
> Would you consider that sacrosanct too?

Why _do_ you want to break things? Do the cleanup. Don't do the breakage.