    SubjectGPL violation by iRiver
    Hi,

    I recently bought an iRiver PMP-140 portable multimedia player which
    runs under Linux. Unfortunately, I could neither find the offer for
    the source code required by the GPL nor would the support people at
    iriver USA tell me where I can get the source code. They just said
    that it is not possible to get the sources. I also emailed to iRiver
    Germany but haven`t received an answer yet.
    Has anybody else tried to contact them? If you are interested, there
    is a new firmware available here:
    http://service.iriver.co.kr/cs_view.asp?idx=409&page=0&p_name=PMP-140&SrchItem=&SrchString=&SrchProduct=
    (klick on PMP100kor-v201.zip).

    Using string on the unzipped files shows that at least the Linux
    kernel and busybox are used in the firmware.

    I tried to send this email to legal@lists.gpl-vioaltions.org but it came
    back with a no route to host error which I also get for the website
    now, although I could load it just a half an hour ago.

    What should be the next step?

    Marcus

    | Dr. Marcus O.C. Metzler | |
    | mocm@metzlerbros.de | http://www.metzlerbros.de/ |
    |>>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodies <<<|