SubjectGPL violation by iRiver
Hi,

I recently bought an iRiver PMP-140 portable multimedia player which
runs under Linux. Unfortunately, I could neither find the offer for
the source code required by the GPL nor would the support people at
iriver USA tell me where I can get the source code. They just said
that it is not possible to get the sources. I also emailed to iRiver
Germany but haven`t received an answer yet.
Has anybody else tried to contact them? If you are interested, there
is a new firmware available here:
http://service.iriver.co.kr/cs_view.asp?idx=409&page=0&p_name=PMP-140&SrchItem=&SrchString=&SrchProduct=
(klick on PMP100kor-v201.zip).

Using string on the unzipped files shows that at least the Linux
kernel and busybox are used in the firmware.

I tried to send this email to legal@lists.gpl-vioaltions.org but it came
back with a no route to host error which I also get for the website
now, although I could load it just a half an hour ago.

What should be the next step?

Marcus

| Dr. Marcus O.C. Metzler | |
| mocm@metzlerbros.de | http://www.metzlerbros.de/ |
|>>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodies <<<|