    SubjectRE: patch for sysfs in the cyclades driver
    Hi Greg, all,

    > What's wrong with the kobject in /sys/class/tty/ which has one object
    > per port? I think we might not be exporting that class_device
    > structure, but I would not have a problem with doing that.
    > greg k-h

    Using the simple class tty kobject that tty_io.c keeps might work for my
    needs.

    However, there is one thing that stopped me from using it earlier...

    The naming of the directory (tty name) in /sys/class/tty is forced to
    be:
    "sprintf(p, "%s%d", driver->name, index + driver->name_base);"

    Is it possible we could change this to be more relaxed about the naming
    scheme?

    Maybe we can allow a "custom" name to be sent into the
    tty_register_device() call?
    Like add another option parameter called "custom_name" that if non-NULL,
    is used instead of the derived name?

    Scott Kilau
    Digi International