SubjectRe: Suspend 2 merge: 24/51: Keyboard and serial console hooks.
Date
Christoph> On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 11:59:02PM +1100, Nigel Cunningham
Christoph> wrote:
>> Here we add simple hooks so that the user can interact with suspend
>> while it is running. (Hmm. The serial console condition could be
>> simplified :>). The hooks allow you to do such things as:
>>
>> - cancel suspending
>> - change the amount of detail of debugging info shown
>> - change what debugging info is shown
>> - pause the process
>> - single step
>> - toggle rebooting instead of powering down

Christoph> And why would we want this? If the users calls the suspend
Christoph> call he surely wants to suspend, right?

Obviously you have never actually tried to use software suspend in real
life.

I would kindly suggest that you try to use it on your laptop for at
least several weeks in various circumstances. These features are a
result of years of user experience.

--J.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.273 / U:0.108 seconds]