    SubjectRe: description of struct sockaddr
    >Hello
    >
    >man netdevice talks about struct sockaddr, but neither describes it,
    >nor provides a link to descriptio, nor the "SEE ALSO" items
    >(ip(7), proc(7), rnetlink(7)) provide the necessary information.
    >
    >"The hardware address is specified in a struct sockaddr".

    I don't think so. The hardware address is, well, specific to the hardware (like
    Ethernet, for example). IP/TCP/UDP however is not limited to Ethernet. And
    'sockaddr' clearly is something that does not deal with hardware.

    >Where is struct sockaddr specified?

    Somewhere in the depths of /usr/include and your linux kernel tree.
    Oh yeah, be warned, glibc is a #define hell when you're looking for sockaddr
    stuff.

    Jan Engelhardt
    --
    Gesellschaft für Wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung
    Am Fassberg, 37077 Göttingen, www.gwdg.de