SubjectRe: scalability of signal delivery for Posix Threads
Robin Holt wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 09:51:15AM -0600, Ray Bryant wrote:
>>We've encountered a scalability problem with signal delivery. Our
>>is attempting to use ITIMER_PROF to deliver one signal per clock tick to
>>thread of a ptrheaded (NPTL). These threads are created with CLONE_SIGHAND,
>>so that there is a single sighand->siglock for the entire application.
> Ray, can you provide a simple example application that trips this case?

I'll do that, but it may be after the Thanksgiving holiday when I get it
out to the mailing list. It's a minor thing, but the test we are using
now is an OpenMP application (written in .c) and I'd propose rewriting
it using POSIX threads without OpenMP for a more general audience

Best Regards,
Ray Bryant
512-453-9679 (work) 512-507-7807 (cell)
The box said: "Requires Windows 98 or better",
so I installed Linux.