SubjectRe: ide-cd problem
On Sunday 21 November 2004 16:13, Alan Chandler wrote:
> This seems to be some combination of frequently occuring timing problem,
> and the difference treatment in cdrom_newpc_intr to cdrom_pc_intr

I put a ndelay(400) at the head of cdrom_newpc_intr and the problem of DRQ
being set when there was no data to transfer disappeared. It appears that my
hardware is too slow.

I have been reading the ATA/ATAPI - 6 spec, and it implies that the state of
DRQ line need one pio cycle before being correct and that you should read the
alternative status register to achieve this. I tried a simple

But that made no difference.

Alan Chandler
then they fight you, then you win. --Gandhi