    SubjectRe: ide-cd problem
    On Sunday 21 November 2004 16:13, Alan Chandler wrote:
    > This seems to be some combination of frequently occuring timing problem,
    > and the difference treatment in cdrom_newpc_intr to cdrom_pc_intr

    I put a ndelay(400) at the head of cdrom_newpc_intr and the problem of DRQ
    being set when there was no data to transfer disappeared. It appears that my
    hardware is too slow.

    I have been reading the ATA/ATAPI - 6 spec, and it implies that the state of
    DRQ line need one pio cycle before being correct and that you should read the
    alternative status register to achieve this. I tried a simple

    But that made no difference.

    Alan Chandler
    then they fight you, then you win. --Gandhi

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.018 / U:19.232 seconds]