    SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.10-rc2-mm2-V0.7.30-2

    * Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@rncbc.org> wrote:

    > Yes, I know all this, and I warned before that this tests were
    > strictly and specific to the hardware, jackd and fludisynth code which
    > are intentionally kept the same along the several RT kernels that have
    > been issued.

    i'm aware of this - and i'm perfectly happy about all the testing that
    is done, even if a latency problem in the end it turns out to be some
    'side issue', an application or configuration bug. You are doing very
    useful QA no matter what the problem turns out to be in the end.

    when fixing stuff i tend to go from the simpler testcases to the more
    complex ones (it's naturally simpler to validate the simpler ones), but
    currently all the simple ones are working fine, so i'm looking at more
    complex ones again.

    Having said that, (not in small part based on the care you are taking to
    keep your test environment consistent) it very much looks like as if the
    latency problems you are reporting are related to -RT itself. It could
    easily be something else, but as usual, there's only one way to find out

    anyway, dont worry about presenting me with some problem that in the end
    turns out to be something else. As Florian's jackd-xrun report from two
    days ago has proven, jackd is still triggering genuine -RT bugs that
    none of the simple workloads/apps are triggering. Less than one day
    after half a dozen such latency bugs were fixed in the -RT patchset i
    have no basis to go and blame Jackd or ALSA for any of the remaining
    latency problems =B-)

    Ingo

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.027 / U:30.260 seconds]