SubjectRe: [Patch] export sched_setscheduler() for kernel module use

* Dean Nelson <dcn@sgi.com> wrote:

> > could you make sched_setscheduler() also include a parameter for the
> > nice value, so that ->static_prio could be set at the same time too
> > (which would have relevance if SCHED_OTHER is used)? This would make it
> > a generic kernel-internal API to change all the priority parameters.
> > Looks good otherwise.
>
> Yeah, I can do that. I'll probably be getting back to you with a
> question or two, if what you're after isn't obvious once I start
> making the changes for the nice parameter.

another potential API would be to use the linear priority range that the
scheduler has internally, from 0 (RT prio 99) to 140 (nice +19). I'm not
sure which solution is the better one. Using the linear priority has the
advantage of not having to pass any policy value - priorities between 0
and 99 implicitly mean SCHED_FIFO, priorities above that would mean
SCHED_NORMAL, a pretty natural and compact interface.

Ingo

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.066 / U:0.452 seconds]