    SubjectRe: GPL version, "at your option"?
    On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 03:08:35PM +0100, Fruhwirth Clemens wrote:
    > I'm about to submit a patch for a new cipher mode called LRW, adding new
    > code/files to the crypto tree. My question is, especially to the
    > maintainers: Are you going to accept code covered by the terms:
    >
    > * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
    > * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
    > * the Free Software Foundation, version 2 of the License.

    There's already quite some code that's only licensed with GPLv2. Look
    for example at arch/arm/common/dmabounce.c which does the same as you
    want but with slightly different words:

    * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
    * modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
    * version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation.

    If you are the author, you can choose the license you like.

    Erik (IANAL, etc.)

    --
    +-- Erik Mouw -- www.harddisk-recovery.com -- +31 70 370 12 90 --