    Subjectweird blocked sync packets on win machines
    Hi all,
    strange things happen on my linuxbox, I've got a firewall box running
    fedora 2 with 5 net
    adapters. All my private machines (192.168.30.) connect to internet and to
    my DMZ
    through the linuxbox.
    During the day usually happens that my firewall stop forwarding SYN
    packets, allowing
    instead all other packets (ex. ACK) and all other protocols. This means
    that I cannot
    establish only new connections (prevoiously opened ones just work fine).
    All my eth stop forwarding for 15 minutes, all the new traffic is totally
    blocked (from/to
    LAN, DMZ, INTERNET).
    The really weird thing is that this happen only on windows machines, and
    during this
    block-time, if I close all IE windows and then I re-open IE, all
    connections start again to
    work (without waiting 15 minutes), this trick works only if my IE is using
    squiq proxy
    running on a server located in DMZ.
    I've upgraded the kernel from 2.4.22 to all new releases since 2.6.8 but
    nothing has
    changed, I've changed all net adapters and fine-tuning kernel parameters
    (like disable
    syn-protect or increase nr. connections and decrease timeout values).
    All tests are done with tcpdump.
    Can someone please suggest me some way to find a solution? I'm not only
    looking for
    the right solution, but also some method to study this weird problem.
    Thanks

    pls put me in CC when replying.

    --
    ~~~ Domenico Gargano [Senior Network Manager] ~~~
    Planetek Italia s.r.l. :tel:+39 080 5343750