    SubjectRe: CELF interest in suspend-to-flash
    Hi.

    On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 06:39, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

    > > > Can flash be treated as a swap device at the moment? If so, it might
    > > > simply be a matter of specifying the same parameter used in swapon for
    > > > the resume2= boot parameter.
    > >
    > > Sure, you only need to have the flash as a block device (ie driven
    > > by the IDE code).
    >
    > That's true, if you are talking about Compact FLash which pretends to be
    > a harddisk, but I assume that the embedded people are talking about raw
    > FLASH chips. It's possible do this, but it will need some tweaks to the
    > MTD code

    Alternatively, a new module could be written for suspend to read/write
    to it. If your idea is just tweaks, it will probably be quicker to
    implement (and... I don't have access to the hardware).

    Regards,

    Nigel
    --
    Nigel Cunningham
    Pastoral Worker

    You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ
    died for the ungodly. -- Romans 5:6

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.040 / U:30.512 seconds]