    SubjectRe: 2.6.9 USB storage problems
    Am Montag, 1. November 2004 22:35 schrieb Matthew Dharm:
    > On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 08:40:32PM +0100, Wolfgang Scheicher wrote:
    >> Am Montag, 1. November 2004 20:10 schrieb Matthew Dharm:
    >>> You're using the UB driver. Does it work if you turn that off and use
    >>> the usb-storage driver instead?
    >> Damn, you are right - this is a new driver...
    >> I didn't notice that, i did rely on hotplug to load the correct modules.
    >> Removed the ub driver and everything is fine now.
    >> That means - just unloadin ub and loading usb-storage didn't work.
    >> I had to remove it from the kernel config and rebuild the modules.
    >> Actually usb-storage was the only module being rebuilt. Looks like
    >> usb-storage's functionality is different if ub is built.
    >> So, my system works fine again, thank you.
    >> But it leaves the question: why does ub perform so badly?
    > Talk to Pete Zaitcev about that.

    ok - so this goes to him too :-)

    Pete, i don't know if you have seen my previous posts...
    I did now have a look at the comments in ub.c
    Looks like the driver is very new and a lot has yet to be done.
    I cannot really tell what of the points on the todo list may be related to my
    problem. I miss information and "ub" isn't really a good keyword to google
    for either.

    What is the difference to the usb-storage driver?
    What is the state, what are the plans?

    >> And: could maybe somebody put some hints into the ub help?
    >> "This driver supports certain USB attached storage devices such as flash
    >> keys." didn't sound so bad to me...
    > That should definately happen. Along with a note that this blocks
    > usb-storage from working with many devices if enabled.

    Yep. Absolutely.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.024 / U:9.184 seconds]