    SubjectRe: 2.6.9 USB storage problems
    On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 08:40:32PM +0100, Wolfgang Scheicher wrote:
    > Am Montag, 1. November 2004 20:10 schrieb Matthew Dharm:
    > > You're using the UB driver. Does it work if you turn that off and use the
    > > usb-storage driver instead?
    >
    > Damn, you are right - this is a new driver...
    > I didn't notice that, i did rely on hotplug to load the correct modules.
    >
    > Removed the ub driver and everything is fine now.
    >
    > That means - just unloadin ub and loading usb-storage didn't work.
    >
    > I had to remove it from the kernel config and rebuild the modules. Actually
    > usb-storage was the only module being rebuilt. Looks like usb-storage's
    > functionality is different if ub is built.
    >
    > So, my system works fine again, thank you.
    > But it leaves the question: why does ub perform so badly?

    Talk to Pete Zaitcev about that.

    > And: could maybe somebody put some hints into the ub help?
    > "This driver supports certain USB attached storage devices such as flash
    > keys." didn't sound so bad to me...

    That should definately happen. Along with a note that this blocks
    usb-storage from working with many devices if enabled.

    Matt

    --
    Matthew Dharm Home: mdharm-usb@one-eyed-alien.net

    I think the problem is there's a nut loose on your keyboard.
    -- Greg to Customer
    User Friendly, 1/5/1999

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.029 / U:59.384 seconds]