SubjectRe: 2.6.9 USB storage problems
Am Montag, 1. November 2004 20:10 schrieb Matthew Dharm:
> You're using the UB driver. Does it work if you turn that off and use the
> usb-storage driver instead?

Damn, you are right - this is a new driver...
I didn't notice that, i did rely on hotplug to load the correct modules.

Removed the ub driver and everything is fine now.

That means - just unloadin ub and loading usb-storage didn't work.

I had to remove it from the kernel config and rebuild the modules. Actually
usb-storage was the only module being rebuilt. Looks like usb-storage's
functionality is different if ub is built.

So, my system works fine again, thank you.
But it leaves the question: why does ub perform so badly?

And: could maybe somebody put some hints into the ub help?
"This driver supports certain USB attached storage devices such as flash
keys." didn't sound so bad to me...