    SubjectRe: 2.6.9 USB storage problems
    Date
    Am Montag, 1. November 2004 20:10 schrieb Matthew Dharm:
    > You're using the UB driver. Does it work if you turn that off and use the
    > usb-storage driver instead?

    Damn, you are right - this is a new driver...
    I didn't notice that, i did rely on hotplug to load the correct modules.

    Removed the ub driver and everything is fine now.

    That means - just unloadin ub and loading usb-storage didn't work.

    I had to remove it from the kernel config and rebuild the modules. Actually
    usb-storage was the only module being rebuilt. Looks like usb-storage's
    functionality is different if ub is built.

    So, my system works fine again, thank you.
    But it leaves the question: why does ub perform so badly?

    And: could maybe somebody put some hints into the ub help?
    "This driver supports certain USB attached storage devices such as flash
    keys." didn't sound so bad to me...

    Worf

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.023 / U:0.468 seconds]