    SubjectRe: BK kernel workflow
    Hi!

    > > > In Spain, reverse engineering is allowed for interoperability.
    > >
    > > And in lots of other places. Which has been mentioned in this and other
    > > instances of this discussion for the last 5 years. And the response is
    > > that BK already gives you documented ways to interoperate, extensively
    > > documented, in fact. You can get data and/or metadata into and out of
    > > BK from the command line. You could create your own network protocol,
    > > client, and server using the documented interfaces that BK has. You
    > > could create your own CVS2BK tool, your own BK2CVS tool, etc., all
    > > using documented interfaces.

    Okay, statement here seems to be "it is technically possible to write
    BK2something using documented interfaces", problem is just that nobody
    but Halle Berry is allowed to do the work. So Larry claims that he's
    not doing lock-in because you can export that data. Only catch is that
    you are not legally permitted to do that with free version, and Larry
    is not going to sell commercial version to you if you do something
    like this. So we have unique lockin at legal level, instead of
    technical one.

    If I misunderstood this, Larry please clarify.
    Pavel