    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.28-pre4
    Marcelo,

    > New drivers are OK, as long as they dont break existing setups,
    > and if substantial amount of users will benefit from it.

    It cannot possibly break anything for somebody who does not
    use it, and I am not aware of any unresolved problems in it,
    i.e., I don't think it can harm its users either.

    > You've submitted the patch to this list for review already?
    > Can't remember from the top of my head.

    Yes and no. This driver has been announced here 3 times,
    the latest announcement being this:
    http://www.kerneltraffic.org/kernel-traffic/kt20040807_270.html#7

    However, I did not announce the latest release here on the list,
    and only emailed you personally last Sunday, because I felt that
    there are not enough differences with the previous release. This
    was a mistake and I'll make an announcement in a separate email.

    > A review by someone with good knowledge on this area (arjan,
    > bart, alan, ?) would also be a good point on getting it into the
    > tree.

    I would appreciate a review of the driver very much.

    Thanks again,

    Martins Krikis
    Storage Components Division
    Intel Massachusetts

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.021 / U:29.816 seconds]