    Subject[Announce] "iswraid" (ICH5R/ICH6R ataraid sub-driver) for 2.4.28-pre3
    Version 0.1.4.3 of the Intel Sofware RAID driver (iswraid) is now
    available for the 2.4 series kernels at
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/iswraid/2.4.28-pre3-iswraid.patch.gz?download

    It is an ataraid "subdriver" but uses the SCSI subsystem to find the
    RAID member disks. It depends on the libata library, particularly the
    ata_piix driver that enables the Serial ATA capabilities in ICH5/ICH6
    chipsets. Hence, for kernels older than 2.4.28, the libata patch by
    Jeff Garzik should be applied before applying this patch. There is
    more information and some ICH6R related patches at the project's home
    page at http://iswraid.sourceforge.net/. The patch applies cleanly to
    2.4.28-pre4 as well, and hopefully can be applied to any 2.4 kernel
    without too much difficulty.

    The changes WRT version 0.1.4 are the following:
    * Different buffer_head b_state bit used for IOs submitted
    to the mirror.
    * Disk sizing problem for disks with odd number of sectors fixed.
    * Entering degraded mode with many outstanding IOs fixed.

    Please consider this driver for inclusion in the 2.4 kernel tree.

    Driver documentation is included in Documentation/iswraid.txt,
    which is part of the patch. The license is GPL. I have added
    myself to the MAINTAINERS list, please feel free to throw me
    out if you don't think I should have done that.

    Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to make
    this driver acceptable for the 2.4 kernel.

    Martins Krikis
    Storage Components Division
    Intel Massachusetts

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.021 / U:29.400 seconds]