    SubjectRe: [Patch 1/5] xbox: add 'CONFIG_X86_XBOX' to kernel configuration
    From
    Hello Matt,

    On Sat, October 9, 2004 10:15 pm, Matt Heler said:
    > Why can't theese patches be maintained outside the kernel tree , as it is
    > now ?
    >
    > I'm strongly against this because the X-Box is a gaming platform and last
    > I heard ( and I could be wrong here ) is that you had to hack your X-Box in
    > order to load any other os then the one supplied with it. I just don't see
    > a justified reason why theese patches should be included into the kernel.

    It is true that you have to make some modifications to your Xbox, for
    example: flashing the BIOS with Cromwell (BIOS with a Linux loader).

    The main reason why it should be merged (in my opinion) is that a lot of
    Linux distro's reject Xbox-Linux because it's not in the mainline
    sourcetree (Debian for example, they only want vanilla platforms).

    These patches are only 102 lines together, which is a small amount to
    support a new platform.

    Yours,
    --
    Ed Schouten <ed@il.fontys.nl>