SubjectProblem with ide=nodma
Hi,

I'm trying a sii 0680 disk controller at the moment, as a possible
workaround for some via southbridge problems (this is on a ppc which
isn't yet supported by the official kernels, but it has been stable here
since 2.6.7 and looks nearly ready for a first review). Unfortunately,
DMA is a big no go at the moment so I have to pass ide=nodma in the
bootargs.

I've got the drives plugged into the sii card, and ide=reverse is doing
its job. But although dmesg shows that dma has been turned off,
/proc/ide/hda/settings and hdparm show that dma is in use. This is in
2.6.9-rc3.

Doesn't ide=nodma work for off-board chipsets ?

Ken