    SubjectProblem with ide=nodma

    I'm trying a sii 0680 disk controller at the moment, as a possible
    workaround for some via southbridge problems (this is on a ppc which
    isn't yet supported by the official kernels, but it has been stable here
    since 2.6.7 and looks nearly ready for a first review). Unfortunately,
    DMA is a big no go at the moment so I have to pass ide=nodma in the

    I've got the drives plugged into the sii card, and ide=reverse is doing
    its job. But although dmesg shows that dma has been turned off,
    /proc/ide/hda/settings and hdparm show that dma is in use. This is in

    Doesn't ide=nodma work for off-board chipsets ?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.036 / U:4.416 seconds]