    SubjectRe: [openib-general] InfiniBand incompatible with the Linux kernel?
    Eric W. Biederman wrote:
    > Greg KH <> writes:
    >>[2] Sure, any person who has a copy of the kernel source tree could be a
    >>target for any of a zillion other potential claims, nothing new there,
    >>but the point here is they are explicitly stating that they will go
    >>after non-IBTA members who touch IB code[3].
    > Greg I see nothing to back up the idea that IBTA intends to go after
    > non-members. I simply see a disclaimer of warranty, and I see wording
    > by your anonymous source that restates a disclaimer of warranty.

    Well, let's not rely on anonymous sources and go straight to the web
    site, shall we?

    Ordering copies of the spec, for non-members:

    Key note: use of spec is only granted for NON-COMMERCIAL use

    Now, let's look at the membership agreement for IBTA:

    Key note: The point is made repeatedly that there are no patent grants
    simply by being a member.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.020 / U:11.792 seconds]