    SubjectRe: [openib-general] InfiniBand incompatible with the Linux kernel?
    Eric W. Biederman wrote:
    > Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> writes:
    >

    >>[2] Sure, any person who has a copy of the kernel source tree could be a
    >>target for any of a zillion other potential claims, nothing new there,
    >>but the point here is they are explicitly stating that they will go
    >>after non-IBTA members who touch IB code[3].
    >

    > Greg I see nothing to back up the idea that IBTA intends to go after
    > non-members. I simply see a disclaimer of warranty, and I see wording
    > by your anonymous source that restates a disclaimer of warranty.

    Well, let's not rely on anonymous sources and go straight to the web
    site, shall we?

    Ordering copies of the spec, for non-members:
    http://www.infinibandta.org/specs/How_to_Order_IBTA_Specifications.pdf

    Key note: use of spec is only granted for NON-COMMERCIAL use

    Now, let's look at the membership agreement for IBTA:
    http://www.infinibandta.org/meminfo/mem-agreement.pdf

    Key note: The point is made repeatedly that there are no patent grants
    simply by being a member.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.023 / U:89.996 seconds]