    SubjectRe: [openib-general] InfiniBand incompatible with the Linux kernel?
    Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> writes:

    > [2] Sure, any person who has a copy of the kernel source tree could be a
    > target for any of a zillion other potential claims, nothing new there,
    > but the point here is they are explicitly stating that they will go
    > after non-IBTA members who touch IB code[3].

    Greg I see nothing to back up the idea that IBTA intends to go after
    non-members. I simply see a disclaimer of warranty, and I see wording
    by your anonymous source that restates a disclaimer of warranty.

    Until I see something more to back this up I do not see a problem. In
    fact I see infiniband prices dropping, and competition increasing.
    The drivers off of openib.org look like they are a good start at
    making a sane linux implementation.

    Even the PCI-SIG requires you to pay for the spec.

    I agree it would be suicidally insane for the infiniband trade
    association to go after a linux stack, as it appears that a large
    portion of the infiniband users are currently running linux.

    Given the vendors I have seen working on hardware and the vendors
    who are a part of the infiniband trade association there does appear
    to be a certain amount of disconnect between the two. So this
    may be an attempt to bring all of the interested parties together.

    Eric

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.019 / U:30.376 seconds]