SubjectRe: [openib-general] InfiniBand incompatible with the Linux kernel?
Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> writes:

> [2] Sure, any person who has a copy of the kernel source tree could be a
> target for any of a zillion other potential claims, nothing new there,
> but the point here is they are explicitly stating that they will go
> after non-IBTA members who touch IB code[3].

Greg I see nothing to back up the idea that IBTA intends to go after
non-members. I simply see a disclaimer of warranty, and I see wording
by your anonymous source that restates a disclaimer of warranty.

Until I see something more to back this up I do not see a problem. In
fact I see infiniband prices dropping, and competition increasing.
The drivers off of openib.org look like they are a good start at
making a sane linux implementation.

Even the PCI-SIG requires you to pay for the spec.

I agree it would be suicidally insane for the infiniband trade
association to go after a linux stack, as it appears that a large
portion of the infiniband users are currently running linux.

Given the vendors I have seen working on hardware and the vendors
who are a part of the infiniband trade association there does appear
to be a certain amount of disconnect between the two. So this
may be an attempt to bring all of the interested parties together.

Eric

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans