SubjectRe: how do you call userspace syscalls (e.g. sys_rename) from inside kernel
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> could someone kindly advise me on the location of some example code in
> the kernel which calls one of the userspace system calls from inside the
> kernel?
>
> alternatively if this has never been considered before, please could
> someone advise me as to how it might be achieved?

What are you trying to do? In most cases needing to use syscalls from
within the kernel is an indication of a design flaw. The most common
case is loading firmware, which should use request_firmware() instead.

--
Brian Gerst