SubjectRe: Fwd: Re: 2.6.9-rc3 does not like diablo news reader daemon
> - Are the oopses always the same?  Please send some more.

There was only one so far, but I will send more, in case I get any.

> - What types of filesytem are in use?

Ext2fs.

> - Are you using any unusual mount options?

No, just defaults.

> - Are you using any uncommon hardware?

No: 2x P3 1 GHz, a standard platform we use for many services.

> - Does the application do anything unusual such as O_DIRECT I/O?

Dreaderd is not compiled with AIO enabled, but it does use mmap(),
madvise() and SYSV shared memory segments.

> - Are any other machines running the same application and kernel? If so,
> are they failing? If not, are you able to use a different machine with
> 2.6.9-rc3? That'll help us work out whether it's a hardware or software
> failure.

I will run the same setup on a different machine of same type, no problem.
In the mean time, I keep an eye on the machine that generated the oops.

Michael

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.443 / U:0.312 seconds]