SubjectRe: 2.6.9rc2-mm4 oops
On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 13:31, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> On Friday 01 October 2004 4:33 pm, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> > >
> > > This is what I find:
> > > f8880f80 ? __mod_vermagic5 [xor]
> > > f8880fcd ? __module_depends [xor]
> > > f8881000 t acpi_button_init [button]
> > > f8881000 t init_module [button]
> > > f8884000 t xor_pII_mmx_2 [xor]
> > > f8884130 t xor_pII_mmx_3 [xor]
> >
> > You are remembering that /proc/kallsyms isn't sorted, right?
> >
> > If you still can't match the address to anything interesting,
> > can you see whether it's related to any of the other modules
> > (i.e., see whether it happens even if you don't load any of
> > the other ACPI drivers, or try leaving out any other drivers
> > you can get along without)? Maybe try loading an ACPI driver
> > other than floppy, at the same point in the module load sequence,
> > to see if the problem is specific to floppy, or if floppy is
> > just an innocent bystander?
> >
> > I looked at all the callers of acpi_bus_register_driver(), and
> > they all look fine (except the hpet one I found yesterday). But
> > maybe there's something I missed, or maybe the acpi_bus_drivers
> > list got corrupted somehow.
> >
> > If you don't load the floppy driver, is the system stable?

Even if I load it (unsuccesfully - there's actually no floppy) the
system _appears_ to be fine. If I remember correctly this happens in the
context of device discovery (kudzu).

> Any update on all this? I've tried to reproduce the problem on
> my Athlon box, but so far I've been unsuccessful.

Sorry for the delay, too busy as usual.

BTW, what I sent was actually sorted. I'll see if I can get more
information later today (I have not forgotten).

-- Fernando

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.067 / U:0.192 seconds]