    SubjectRe: Posix compliant cpu clocks V6 [2/3]: Glibc patch
    On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

    > Did you ever hear about a concept called binary compatiblity? Don't
    > bother working on any glibc patch.

    The patch provides complete backwards compatibility if _ASSUME_POSIX_TIMERS is not set.

    If _ASSUME_POSIX_TIMERS is set then the patch assumes that this also
    indicates that the cpu timers are available. Which would break binary
    compatibility. Is that what you are referring to?

    Also it seems the patch does not address clock_getcpuclockid() etc. I can
    add that.

    I had to take the material from sysdeps/unix/clock_* and put it into
    sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/clock_* because otherwise I would have broken all
    the other users of sysdeps/unix/clock_*. I need the fallback to the
    timer syscalls for clockids unknown to glibc that would have meant a
    significant change to the code in sysdeps/unix/clock_*

    I would be very grateful if you could indicate to me what fixes are
    necessary to make the patch acceptable.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.020 / U:2.360 seconds]