    SubjectRe: libata badness
    On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, William Knop wrote:

    > Ah, well all of them are Maxtor drives... One 6y250m0 and three 7y250m0
    > drives. I'm using powermax on them right now. They all passed the quick
    > test, and the full test results are forthcoming.

    I'm pretty sure all the bad ones we had (at least the one I found at my
    location) "failed" the quick test in that after the quick test it asked me
    to run the full test, after which it spit out the magic fault code to give
    Maxtor's RMA form. Another possibility that comes to mind is that your
    power supply could be inadequate to run the system and all the drives.