SubjectRe: Merging DRM and fbdev

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, Jon Smirl wrote:

> If we could all just concentrate on fixing the radeondrm driver we
> could build a complete driver for the radeon cards instead of the ten
> half finished ones we have today. Once we get a complete driver the
> incentive for people to write new ones will be gone.

> My model....
>
> radeon - attached to hardware
> drm - library
> fb - library
> fbcon - library

Can we add to this "km" library ? (That's the GATOS v4l module)

In particular, I can contribute the code that does Framebuffer->System Ram
transfers over PCI/AGP. It is currently GPL licensed, but there is no
problem if BSD folks want it too.

This is also potentially useful for any Mesa functions that want to
transfer data back from video RAM - using plain reads for this is really slow.

best

Vladimir Dergachev

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.081 / U:0.240 seconds]