SubjectRe: [Fwd: Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-mm1-V0.4]
>my main suspicion is that either the main jackd thread itself calls the
>kernel where the kernel (unexpectedly for jackd) schedules away for
>whatever reason, or that the chain of wakeup in the audio path somehow
>gets violated (i.e. a kernel problem). There's one quick thing we could

the "max delay" measurement isn't a reflection of the runtime activity
of jackd. its simply a measurement of the delay between when jackd
expected to be next woken from poll and when it actually was.

as you noted, jackd generally goes back to sleep in poll typically a
long time before the next interrupt is expected. hence any delay in
the wakeup is between the interrupt handler and the scheduler getting
jackd's main thread back on the processor. i think.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.170 / U:0.352 seconds]