    SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] 2.6.10-rc1 OHCI usb error messages
    On 27 Oct 2004 at 15h10, David Brownell wrote:

    > You're not reporting that it fails to activate when there's an
    > active device connected; and you obviously enabled CONFIG_PM,
    > which Kconfig says means that
    > ... parts of your computer are shut off or put into a
    > power conserving "sleep" mode if they are not being used.
    > So: since it's not being actively used then, why shouldn't the
    > root hub (or any other device) be suspended? During boot, or at
    > any other time. So long as it works when you plug in a USB device,
    > it looks to me like everything is behaving quite reasonably.

    That's right. Just that it didn't do so previously, so i didn't think
    of that.

    > > At least, it's not on 2.6.9. Also,
    > > lsusb -v fails with long timeouts due to that on 2.6.10-rc1,
    > > not on 2.6.9.
    > I've never observed "lsusb" ever timing out when accessing a
    > suspended USB device; the URB submissions fail right away.

    Strange. Something else maybe...

    > So if something's timing out, it's for some other reason.
    > (Such as bugs in "lsusb"; the "usbutils" package is overdue
    > for a new release, it's changed a lot since the 0.11 tarball
    > that's widely available.)

    Yes, btw, I once sent a patch about lsusb endianness problems, and didn't
    hear anything back about it. I ended up sending the patch to the gentoo
    guys so that at least my distro is fixed:

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.021 / U:12.500 seconds]