SubjectRe: My thoughts on the "new development model"
> That's NOT the same as bug free software. For a start, there's no such
> thing.

Speaking of which, here's something I have wondered: is anyone out there
trying to prove the correctness of core functions in the kernel? I was
thinking this would be a fine activity for all those eager college students
out there, or perhaps a graduate student project, a la the Stanford Checker
project.

While I can't imagine the main developers doing such a thing, I think it'd be
useful and might uncover some hard to find bugs.

I'd also suspect that they might be good candidates for proving, as there's
not so much reason to have side effect riddled code, as one might for GUI
programs.

--
A psychosis is a psychosis, but a Manwich is a meal
http://www.hacksaw.org -- http://www.privatecircus.com -- KB1FVD