    SubjectRe: BK kernel workflow
    > Note that German copyright lay doesn't differentiate whether you paid
    > or not - it only requires that you allowed to use the program.

    Sure, but you aren't allowed to use it if you are going to do this.
    That's pretty unambiguous as well and we think we can make it stick,
    or at least that's what the lawyers have told me.

    It's most unfortunate that people take the position "hey, I can rip off
    your stuff, here's the law that says so" when it is something we gave
    them to use for free. All that means is that we stopped improving the
    free version and put all the effort into the commercial version because
    we just can't afford the risk exposure.

    All of the "we can do whatever we want" statements may well be true, I
    don't really know and don't really care. But the fact that people take
    the attitude that it's OK to bite the hand that feeds you is doing nothing
    but shooting yourself in the foot. What are we supposed to do in the face
    of "I can rip you off, here's the law"? Give you more stuff to copy?
    Larry McVoy lm at